Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Personal Reflection:

Who am I?
What was I born to do?
What is stopping me or helping me do what I need to do?

  My name is Dallyn McCann Clubb. My qualities include laziness, self-righteousness and above all- humility. I was born to eat. The thing that is stopping me from accomplishing what I was born to do is school, work, and basically any other thing I'm forced to do instead of eating.
  Ok, but seriously...I have no idea what I was born to do or even what I am good at. I can't find anything I'm interested in that will be worthwhile. Soccer is a pleasant investment and the exercise helps me to think clearly...until I start using that "thoughtfulness" to start beating myself up for all of my mistakes. I'm gentle with others (unless it's that time of the month and which no one can escape my wrath). That's basically all I think I have going for me. I can be very hard-working when the time calls for it, but my grit comes out in spurts. I love to sprint rather than to take it slow and steady. I'm like a rocket that goes full blast until I reach the sky, then I run out of energy and stamina and quit propelling myself so I either drop right back down to the ground or get lost in space. I should re-phrase this question as "What is stopping me from discovering who I am and what I was born to do?" That's what my problem really is.

1 comment:

  1. Very insightful, Dal. And don't tell me you aren't funny...or a good writer. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete