Friday, May 3, 2013

Quotes

"I Believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
-C. S. Lewis

I love C. S. Lewis. This is such a great quote because it's very relatable. I feel like this is a very true statement and that he says exactly what I've been wanting to say but in better words.

"A woman is like a tea bag- you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

I am a very strong believer in girl power so I really like this statement. I don't like that most "girl power" quotes diminish men and esteem women as the higher power, I believe that we are all equally adept and that we are stronger than we believe so sometimes these quotes are a great reminder of what we are capable of.

1 comment:

  1. I agree! I love Eleanor Roosevelt anyway because she had many trials but was positive and worked hard. She was a great example of womanhood! But I also love your statement about it not being necessary to diminish men to show the power of women and that we are all "equally adept"!

    ReplyDelete